[pyar] Regarding Google Summer of Code 2019

ATHARVA MAHESH KULKARNI amk11 en iitbbs.ac.in
Lun Mar 18 13:02:05 -03 2019

Hello,

I am Atharva Kulkarni from Pune, India. Currently, I am a sophomore at
Indian Institute of Technology, Bhubaneswar in Electrical Engineering. I
would like to participate in GSOC 2019 through the PyAr Organization under
the Python Software Foundation.

1.) Why do I want to participate in GSOC?

I am an avid programmer and an open source enthusiast. I am currently an
active member of my institute's programming club, and have participated in
ACM ICPC 2018 regionals, and the Halite 3 AI Bot contest as well, and have
achieved good ranks in both the contests. I have also created Python
tutorials on a Wordpress website for the website www.studymite.com . I have
a huge interest in open source programming and teaching programming to
others.

I also want to contribute to communities like the PyAr organization, and
want to gain experience of real world development. I will be able to learn
a lot from the experience and I know that PyAr will provide me an excellent
platform for gaining knowledge, to learn new things and to meet great
mentors.

2.) Project I would like to take up : PyZombis

I have already made a pull request on issue 6, and am currently working on
embedding videos in the lectures and adding English subtitles, and trying
to convert the content of the lectures to Spanish using the built in
feature of Sphinx.

3.) Experience:
I am proficient in C++ , C , Python and MATLAB. I have experience using git
as a version control software. I also have experience in using various
Python tools and libraries like NumPy, Pandas, Matplotlib, OpenCV,
BeautifulSoup, Scikit - learn and many more. I am a self taught full stack
web developer, and am currently learning Machine Learning and Data Science.
I am currently working on a project to create a Qt C++ based GUI backed by
a PostgreSQL database to analyze the transition time in transistors of an
integrated circuit and to apply clustering algorithms in the database to
detect patterns and anomalies.

I hope that you would provide me a chance to code under your organization
this summer.

Regards,
Atharva Kulkarni

--
*Disclaimer: *This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential
are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the