[pyar] Fwd: [PSF-Members] This is a "Thank you" letter

Facundo Batista facundobatista en gmail.com
Jue Dic 18 10:05:15 ART 2014

Para pensar un poco sobre como el granito de arena que todos ponemos
desinteresadamente (en eventos, en la lista, en el canal de IRC, en
mantener el sitio, o traducir el tutorial, etc) a algunas personas les
puede significar mucho más que eso.

Saludos.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Henrique Bastos <henrique en bastos.net>
Date: Mon, Dec 1, 2014 at 3:49 PM
Subject: [PSF-Members] This is a "Thank you" letter
To: PSF Members <psf-members en python.org>

Thank you for all your work. Really! Thank you!

I won't mention names, because it would be a shame to miss anyone and
because I know that being part of a community is to understand that
the whole is greater than the sum of the parts. So I'm thanking you
all.

This weekend I had the honor of opening the RuPy Brazil. Getting ready
for yet another talk about community, open source and autonomy, an old
man approached me saying:

- "You are my friend. You just don't know me yet."

I replied:

- "Cool. Let's chat right after my talk."

He told me his story and I was very surprised and happy. We can never
imagine the outcome of simply doing our part. I've learned a lot from
this experience and it's clear to me that you're an important part of
it.

We've published a quick video on youtube with english subtitles so it
could be shared with everyone. (You might have to explicitly activate
the captions):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrHHsPaE_WA

I just wanted to share this moment with you, and make a clear
statement: Have no doubt! You are making the difference!

Thank you.

Love,
--
Henrique Bastos