[pyar] Pull request review

Mariano Reingart reingart en gmail.com
Lun Mar 11 00:02:18 -03 2019

On Sun, Mar 10, 2019 at 10:00 PM K. Kaushik Reddy <reddykaushik18 en gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi developers,
>
> This is Kaushik Reddy again :)
> I had submitted a pull request for an issue "serve via Runestone".
> For which I would like to get reviewed.
> Feel free to comment on my work, that would help me improve.

Thank you for the contribution Kaushik!

Please don't forget to include more info & links in yours mail / comments,
so it is easier to follow and review.
In the subject, please add [GSoC] (for Google Summer of Code) and the
project name (PyZombis) so it can be quickly tagged.

Context for other mentors: the Pull Request and related issue are:

 * https://github.com/PyAr/PyZombis/pull/11
 * https://github.com/PyAr/PyZombis/issues/6

I've run the build and published the "interactive book":

http://www.web2py.com.ar/runestone/static/PyZombis/index.html

NOTE that it is just a sample "runestone" educational chapter; you would
need to move & adapt the lectures and some code snippets / quiz.
I've made some comments on you PR about that.

Also, if you could set-up a site (i.e. GitHub pages), where you can publish
your changes, it would be great to speed-up reviews.

I'm a bit concerned on the internationalization effort (original course is
in Portuguese, we need it in Spanish and development would be done in
English...)
For this ticket it is almost trivial, but it would be wise that you start
to plan it right from the begging (there is another ticket about that).

Remember that this "initial ticket" is a Mini-PoC (Proof of Concept) that
should help to evaluate your proposal and determine if your approach is
feasible.
GSoC is a three month intensive program, so all the work should fit in
around ~ 100 development hours (mostly student's time).
There are a couple of months before actual coding begins (if the proposal
is accepted), so any difficulty should be spotted as soon as possible.

Let me know if you need any further help,

Best regards

Mariano Reingart
http://reingart.blogspot.com