[pyar] [Job Opportunity] Software Engineer for Growing Global Fin-Tech Startup

Sumayya Essack sumayya.essack en eflglobal.com
Mar Jun 14 16:37:50 ART 2016

*Hello!*

The Entrepreneurial Finance Lab <http://www.eflglobal.com/> is seeking a
Software Engineer to work on developing and maintaining software to support
the EFL Platform that includes: Web Application, Scoring Engine, API,
Imports Systems, and more. You’ll have the opportunity to develop your
leading-edge technical qualifications, interact directly with clients all
around the world, and play a critical role in the smooth functioning of our
Platform and software engineering processes.

You will work collaboratively with other EFL developers, statisticians,
account managers, and customers on a variety of tasks, including:
implementing new features, fixing bugs, writing unit and functional tests,
and driving the release process in an agile environment. You will be
responsible for building lasting designs; implementing robust, maintainable
code; monitoring and responding to client escalation issues; and playing a
critical role during new client launches. You'll gain an incredibly
detailed view of how our innovative technology works in 20+ countries
around the world.

The link to apply is at the bottom.

*Primary Responsibilities:*

   - Contribute to major development initiatives with codebases utilizing
   Python, Django, R, MySQL, MongoDB, jQuery and React.
   - Develop internal tools to support EFL Launches, new EFL front-end
   platforms, EFL Level 1 support cases, and other major technology.
   - Develop hotfixes and upgrades to support a highly available
   cloud-based platform.
   - Develop automated unit and regression testing frameworks for a highly
   efficient quality assurance system.
   - Support our Platform release processes.
   - Assist with customer-facing API support and discovery, as needed.
   - Assist with Level 2 support escalations as needed.

*Location: *We prefer candidates based in Buenos Aires (our office is in
Palermo, with flexibility to work from home), but we are open to candidates
outside of Buenos Aires (remote) for the right person. We are also open to
candidates in Lima, Peru.

You will have the opportunity to travel to visit the team and clients in
Peru and likely other EFL countries across the globe to work on
ground-breaking UX projects with a wide variety of different end users.

*Compensation: *Paid in U.S. dollars between USD $35,000 - 50,000.

*Who’s a good fit?*

We are looking for an always-learning critical thinker with a combination
of customer experience and hands-on technology experience. They are looking
to develop and round out their technical experience with modern web
application, cloud, and programming frameworks. The right candidate
embraces three values: Humility, Respect and Trust, and understands the
importance of playing well with others.

   - *Required Qualifications:*
      - Strong programming skills, with more than 4 years of experience
      building real-world B2B or B2C software.
      - 2-year or 4-year degree in computer science, information
      technology, software engineering or a related degree; equivalent work
      experience is considered.
      - 4-6+ years experience with Python. Any other OOP language (Java,
      .NET, C++) is considered.
      - 4-6+ years experience with MySQL, Postgres, Oracle, or MSSQL.
      - Experience with JSON or SOAP web services.
      - Experience with Git.
      - Experience with Linux and Windows.
      - Strong sense of ownership.
      - Strong verbal and written communication skills.
      - Exceptional attention to detail.
      - Plays well with others; able to actively participate in lively
      engineering debates; able to listen to, appreciate, and effectively
      critique peers’ opinions.
      - Strong fluency in English.
   - *Preferred Qualifications:*
      - Experience with MongoDB.
      - Android, Django, AWS, Node.js, AngularJS development experience.
      - Experience designing web-based applications for devices with slow
      and/or unreliable internet connections.
      - Experience with R.
      - Spanish communication skills (any level).

*Who is the Entrepreneurial Finance Lab?*

We are an award-winning, for-profit social enterprise company that is
accelerating poverty reduction through innovative tools to help
entrepreneurs and consumers in emerging markets gain access to capital. We
are the proven leader in using alternative data to understand individual
credit risk and create opportunity for MSME and consumer financing. Our
mission is simple: to unlock the entrepreneurial potential of emerging
markets by expanding access to finance for the un-banked. How? Our
psychometric assessment technology helps financial institutions evaluate
the credit-worthiness of small business owners and consumers who wouldn’t
otherwise have traditional access to credit. This scalable, automated,
breakthrough technology helps bring the developing world's most capable,
yet previously un-bankable people into the formal financial fold for the
first time, empowering them and their economies from the inside-out.

We spun off from a research initiative at the Harvard Kennedy School's
Center for International Development, and now we work with leading
financial institutions across 27 countries in Africa, Asia, and Latin
America. With offices in Lima, Boston, Mexico City, Jakarta, Nairobi, and
Bangalore, EFL is impacting MSME and consumer finance across the globe. We
have been recognized and endorsed by leading development organizations such
as the IFC, Inter-American Development Bank, and the G-20.

*What is it like to work at EFL?*

We’re a group of motivated, smart people trying to tackle a big problem!
Our team is driven to make a social impact. As a fast-growing, innovative
company, our culture is entrepreneurial, progressive, fast-paced, and
multicultural. The name of the game is autonomy, flexibility,
collaboration, learning, results, and making an impact. You’ll gain
significant exposure to the world of entrepreneurship, emerging market
finance and big data, and enjoy an awesome annual company retreat in Peru.
This isn’t just your employer, it’s *your *company. Have an idea to do
things better? Implement it. Want flexibility in your schedule? Enjoy it.
Want to make an impact? Own it.

*EFL’s Perks:*

   - Opportunities for international travel and/or relocation
   - Annual company retreat in Peru
   - Flexible work schedule and generous time off
   - Down-to-earth, motivated, collaborative team!

*To apply: If interested please* submit your CV here
<https://efl.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=25>.

--

*Sumayya Essack*

*Talent Manager**Entrepreneurial Finance Lab*
sumayya.essack at eflglobal.com
Global: +1 617-453-8770 <%2B1%20860%20798%200534>
www.eflglobal.com